- Elegant, restored Barcelona accommodation for short term rental, in an old building from 1900 with elevator that stops in between floors.
- Next to Plaça Catalunya, the Ramblas and the Gothic Neighborhood.
- 117 m2 (1259 sq. ft.).
- Sleeps 1 to 9 people.
- One bedroom with double bed and joining bedroom with a single bed and another pullout bed.
- Two bedrooms with two single beds each.
- Two bathrooms with shower stalls.
- Fully equipped modern kitchen.
- Wide screen Plasma TV and Wi-Fi Internet.*
- Prices per night from 225.00 € (for 1 to 4 people).
- Ronda Universitat, Balmes, Plaça Catalunya, Eixample Neighbourhood.
Description of the layout
- Charming living area with double windows that open to the balcony. Wide sofa bed.
- One large bedroom with a double bed, closet space, decorative old fire place, antique writing table and joining bedroom with a single bed and another pullout bed.
- Two bedrooms with two single beds each and closet spaces.
- Big dining area with a table and chairs for six people plust two stools.
- Fully equipped kitchen with large side by side refrigerator and freezer, electric counter top stove, oven, microwave oven, toaster, mixer, kettle, coffee and tea pots, and all necessary equipment for cooking.
- Wide screen Plasma TV, DVD, iron and ironing board, hair dryer. Wi-fi Internet.*
- One big bathroom with shower stall. Second bathroom with shower stall.
- Washing Machine/tumble dryer.
- Restored original modernist tile flooring.
- Central heating, air conditioning.
- Towels and bed linens are provided.
- Cot for babies upon request. Baby linens are not provided.
- Only one child under two years is free of charge.
- Non smoking apartment.
- click here to see a YouTube video of Pl Catalunya-Balmes BCN Apartment
Is a classic 6 story building from the beginnings of the 20th century with three more floors added many years later. There is an elevator (16 steps up from the building entrance level) that stops in between floors.
In the Eixample district (development of the city planned by the engineer Ildefons Cerdà and begun in the second half of the 19th century due to the necessity to extend the city when the medieval old walls were torn down). The Eixample (Catalan for "extension", Spanish for “el Ensanche”) is a big area in Barcelona between the old city (Ciutat Vella) and what were once surrounding small towns (Sants, Gràcia, Sant Andreu etc.). Developed in the second half of 19th and early 20th centuries, some parts of the Eixample were heavily influenced by Modernist architects, as Antoni Gaudí, Domenech I Muntaner, Puig I Cadafalch and others.
Well located in the area, the building is close to the Plaça Catalunya, the Gothic Neighborhood, the Ramblas and to many more sights of interest in the Eixample District and of the old town, like the Central University of Barcelona, the Macba Museum, the CCCB (Centre de Cultura Contemporanea de Barcelona), theaters and lots of bars and restaurants.
Pl Catalunya-Balmes BCN apartment photo gallery >>>
photos from the building, corner of Balmes street and Ronda Universitat, Plaça Universitat, Historic building of the University of Barcelona, Coliseum Theater at the Gran Via Avenue, terraces in the Raval area, El triangle shopping Center in Plaça Catalunya and Pelai street, fountain at the intersection of Passeig de Gracia Boulevard and Gran Via Avenue, Portal del Angel shopping area in the gothic neighborhood, the beginnig of the Ramblas at plaça Catalunya
|LOW season||NORMAL season|
|1 to 4 people||225.00 euros||300.00 euros|
|5 people||240.00 euros||320.00 euros|
|6 people||255.00 euros||340.00 euros|
|7 people||270.00 euros||360.00 euros|
|8 people||285.00 euros||380.00 euros|
|9 people||300.00 euros||400.00 euros|
Normal Season: February 22nd to February 28th, March 28th to October 31st.
Low Season: November 1st to December 21st and January 1st to February 21st.
In general there is a 3 nights minimum stay requirement.
Special discounts may be applied for stays of more than one week or monthly rates.
During special events, fairs, congresses and holidays the apartments may have:
- a surcharge,
- a different minimum stay,
- an obligatory prepayment of 100% - (see Terms and Conditions).
Booking fee: 10.00 euros due to management expenses.
Cleaning service fee: There is an obligatory one-time fee of 100.00 euros for apartment-cleaning service at the end of your stay, not included in the above rates tables.
Breakage or damage deposit: The owner asks for a deposit of 400.00 euros as a guarantee for the flat. The amount will be returned at the end of the stay if no damage has been done.
Lost key surcharge: For every set of keys lost there is a 280.00 euros surcharge.
Tourism Tax: From November 1st 2012 there is a new obligatory Catalonian government tourism tax of 0.72 € per person per night, not included in the total to be paid for the rental, that is applicable and must be paid in cash on arrival or if you prefer it can be taken from the refundable damages deposit on departure. This tax is paid for a minimum of one night and a maximum of seven nights. Children under the age of 17 are exempt.
General Check in time: Normal check in time in this apartment is from 14:00 to 20:00Hs. If the apartment is available for check in (No previous check out on the same day) early check in can be organized prior to arrival.
Check out time: Check out time is at 11:00Hs.
Late Arrivals-Early Departures Surcharge: Arrivals after 20:00Hs have to pay a surcharge of 25.00 euros; Arrivals after 22:00Hs have to pay a surcharge of 40.00 euros (these surcharges must be paid to the receptionist in cash).
Please note: Reduction of number of guests or of number of nights: These changes must be advised prior to arrival.
Once pre-payment has been made, which confirms a reservation, the reduction of the number of guests or of number of nights, will be subject to a 25.00 euros administration fee for the recalculation of pricing.
But if the number of nights or of guests is reduced between 7 days prior to the arrival and the arrival - recalculation of the price is not possible.
*WI FI Connection: The owner of the apartment offers WI-FI Internet connection in the apartment free of charge. Any incidence or problem concerning the Internet service due to the communications company that provides it (such as connection failures, signals, router, maintenance, etc.) WILL NOT REDUCE THE TOTAL PRICE FOR THE APARTMENT.
Internet information for guests travelling from USA and Israel: Wireless cards from USA and Israel may have incompatibilities in Spain.
Our main objective is for the client to have a good experience in Barcelona and to enjoy the stay. Clients MUST RESPECT the neighbours, as the apartment is in a residential block. No parties are allowed in the apartment, party outside. If the neighbours complain or the police is called it will result in immediate eviction without refund.
Travel Insurance: We highly recommend all our customers to take out travel insurance that includes cancellation with major forces as a cause, robbery, etc. consult your local travel society or insurance broker for more information.
The Meeting Point
The meeting point for this apartment is in front of the same building.
Please remember that once in Barcelona you must call to organize the check-in (allow for approximately 30 minutes minimum).